SYT studio etiquette to ensure new-and seasoned-practitioners have an amazing hot yoga experience!
- Check in at the desk before dropping your mat and heading to the changing rooms.
- BE ON TIME! Class starts on time.
- No shoes in the yoga room.
- Please leave all personal belongings in the shelves provided, nothing is allowed in the yoga room except water, towel, and mat (-EVERYTHING ELSE-stays outside.)
- No talking in the yoga room before or after class. Many students will arrive early to practice Savasana before the practice. Be respectful and keep all conversations in the lobby
- Come to class well hydrated, with an empty stomach.
- Leave your ego & negative thoughts at the door!
- Practice the art of listening. Follow the instructor and try honestly to do what they are telling you to do.
- Try really hard to eliminate excess movements between postures. This means no fidgeting, wiping sweat, looking around the room, etc. It’ll be hard at first, but awareness is half the battle!
- If you need to take a break during class, do so mindfully. Be aware that while you might need a rest your yogi neighbor is still deep in their meditation and practice. Be respectful by staying still.
- Water breaks are at designated times in the sequence. If you need additional water during class, try to take it in between postures.
- Do your best to stay in the room during class. Leaving the class is disruptive to your practice and to your fellow students.
- Stay in class through Savasana, practice is not complete without final rest. Honor yourself and your fellow yogis by closing the practice together.
- Be quiet as you exit the yoga room.
- The floors are often slippery, so use caution and watch your step.
- Rental mats/towels should be placed in the hamper outside of the practice space
- The studio closes 30 minutes after the last morning and evening classes have finished.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Last but not least, thank yourself. The work you did was hard and deserves recognition. A little bit of gratitude goes a long way!